Use Congress Bills Data to track and monitor legislation as it moves through the U.S. House and Senate. KnowWho compiles the content using a sophisticated series of data gathering applications, scanning multiple official sources for new and updated U.S. Congressional legislation, and hours of manual editorial oversight. Customers receive data updates every two hours, which ensures they have the most current data available.
Use with KnowWho’s Congress Votes Data for a complete view of Congressional legislation and roll call votes. It is also compatible with other Congressional data products from KnowWho.
Use Congress Bills Data to track and monitor congressional legislation in real-time.
Here is what you can expect:
- All amendments including chamber, amendment number, date of introduction, and the related bill information
- Amendment actions including the action date and time and the full description
- Amendment sponsor and the complete text of the amendment, plus a link to the PDF available from the FDSys catalog maintained by the GPO
- All legislation types (bills, resolutions, joint resolutions and concurrent resolutions) with chamber, type, legislation number, plus a flag for private vs. public legislation
- All major legislation actions including the action date and time and the full description
- All general committee activity (referral, markup, returned to floor, etc.) with committee or subcommittee and activity date and description
- All public laws including the underlying legislation, associated reports (Conference, House and Senate), the law number, date signed, USC citation, and page count
- All related legislation including the chamber and number
- All House and Senate reports with the chamber, underlying amendments and legislation, report number, report date, report title, complete report text plus a link to the PDF available from the FDSys catalog maintained by the GPO
- All legislation sponsors, cosponsors and even withdrawn co-sponsorships
- All subjects assigned by the CRS for all legislation with a flag to denote a primary or secondary issue.
- All summaries for all legislation compiled by the CRS with the summary date and the full text of each summary
- The complete text of every version of every piece of legislation, plus a link to the PDF.
- All titles for all legislation with a flag to denote the current primary title
- All versions of every piece of legislation with the version type (introduced, engrossed, enrolled, etc.), and the version date
Organization Types Who Use this Product:
- Developers and Consultants
- Government Relations Organizations
- Advocacy Groups
- Lobbying and Law Firms
Companion Data Services:
- Congress Data Service
- Congress Votes Data